Dad “Do you think I should build a kids buggy?“
Sam (aged 7) “Yeah! What’s the point in having a buggy company without any buggies?“
Good point! In addition to the R21, R16 and R11 demonstrators, we’re working on the R29 Slingshot kids buggy design and have ordered the basic parts to get it started. Here are the initial specs – your comments please!
Rorty R29 Slingshot Specifications
- 1.25″ (31.8mm) chassis tubing, integrated roll cage
- Double A-arm front suspension with coil over shocks
- Solid rear axle, sprocket drive
- 175cc air cooled, electric start engine, CVT with reverse
- Wilwood single rear disc and caliper
- 22×11-8 rear tyres
- 21×7-10 front tyres
- Rack and pinion steering
- Seats – 1 or 2, high back with 3 point harnesses
- Build cost target $2-3000 AUD
- Plans and kits
A great project for you and your kids or a community based organisation to take on. Get a lot more out of your buggy than throwing down some cash on a cheap import!